Lebanon, formerly known as Steitztown, was first settled in 1720 by early settlers along a creek that was then named "Steitz Creek". The town was laid out in 1753 and incorporated as a borough on February 20, 1821 and became a city on November 25, 1885. The Coleman families were instrumental in the industrialization of the Lebanon area.
Music in the park celebrates over 20th years of family entertainment. Concerts are held at Coleman Memorial Park Amphitheater. For a complete concert schedule click on the photo to visit the Music in the Park website.
The Cornwall Iron Furnace is an extraordinary example of the furnaces that dotted the Pennsylvania countryside in the 18th and 19th centuries. Cornwall Iron Furnace, the only surviving intact charcoal cold blast furnace in the Western Hemisphere, attests to the once great iron industry that flourished in south central Pennsylvania. Click on the photo to visit the Cornwall Iron Furnace website.
The Union Canal Tunnel Park, located at 25th Street and Union Canal Drive, was dedicated by the Lebanon County Historical Society on October 9, 1988. The Union Canal Tunnel was designated a National Historic Landmark by the Secretary of the Interior on April 19, 1994. The Park is maintained by a group of volunteers know as Friends of the Union Canal Tunnel Park. Click on the photo to visit the Lebanon Historic Society and Union Canal website.
The Friends of Light’s Fort Committee is part of the Historic Preservation Trust of Lebanon County. This site has information on the fort's history and current restoration efforts as well as the committee's work. Click on the photo to visit the Light's Fort website.